20140906

Surgery

I promised to tell you guys on the 3 major surgeries i had this past few years. 
In 2010, I had an ankle surgery due to three ligaments torn. I somehow twisted my ankle during a horse ride. I did jumped from the horse after I heard a 'crack' sound. A friend try to help me but unfortunately, he made it worst. I thought at first it was just a sprained. But then, after few hours my ankle looked like an elephant leg. haha. Then, I rushed to the hospital (KPJ Shah Alam) and did MRI. So, there you go. 2 months using crutches. hmmmmm (Ankle Surgery)


My second surgery I did in 2013, September. 
A new polo horse just came. So, i decided to give a go. Why not right. Tula degil lagi. The horse was so nervous, maybe because of the new environment. While tengah syok cantering, I lose balance and booomm, I fell. I think that was the third time I fell of a horse after few years of riding. At that moment, I was ok until the horse came running towards me while I'm lying on the ground. Tanpa segan silu, dia terus melangkah laju on top of me. And i bet, you know what happened next. She accidentally kicked my hips. 
damn it was painful. I did 'bekam' at first, scared there was blood clot. After that, it was fine. 
 I waited a year to go for a checkup. 
While im at the stable, feeding the horse, I lift up a bag of horse feed with my friend. I think it weigh around 25kg. The moment I walked, and it happened. The same crack sound and I suddenly can't move. It was a disaster. I can't walk, I can't drive. But, being stubborn as usual, I forced myself to drive back home. It was very very painful. seriously. 
The next day, I went to a clinic begging for a jab to reduce the pain.
It doesn't really work. So, I headed to Tropicana Hospital. 
bla bla bla...
2 weeks after that, the surgeon suggested to give me 9 steroid injection on my spinal. Oh i forgot to mention, I had some sort like a slipped disc on my L3/L4. 
Without thinking, I just agree with that. I was admitted for 2 days. Imagine 9 jab on my spinal. Bapak sakit kot. 
Unfortunately, it worked for only one week. and I don't have a clue why.
I'm quite pissed off actually. 
Then, I searched for a good hospital for another checkup.
My mom's boss, Dato' Azhar suggested me to go to Kuala Lumpur Sports Medicine Centre just beside my college. 
Kenapa lah aku tak penah terpikir kan. haiyo.
I went there for another MRI and straight away the doctor (spinal surgeon) asked me to do nucleoplasty (Nucleoplasty therapy is a recently developed technique for the treatment of pain coming from a spinal disc. A special probe is inserted into the spinal disc and is used to remove a small amount of disc tissue from the disc nucleus and then to applied controlled thermal energy or heat to the disc. This causes the pressure within the disc wall to decrease and allows the disc to bulge or protrude less - OhioHealth MedCentral Hospital)  

I agreed, and again, there you go my second surgery. (Spinal Surgery)
I had to wear a waist brace for about 5 months i think. Sesak nafas aku. 

 My daily meal at KLSMC. 
Rase taknak balik rumah. 


I highly recommend this hospital for ortho surgeries.
Awesome doctors. Efficient service. Cool facilities. and most importantly, delicious food. 

Gymnasium.

 (picture taken from the web)

Physiotherapy 
Pool at the rooftop for hydrotherapy.
Benda paling aku suka. 


This is my room during my 3 days stay. 
I've never been so happy being admitted. haha

Best kan hospital nie? Alright, nak cerita plak pasal my third surgery.
Actually the slipped disc affected my nerves at my spinal cord that controls my left leg. Therefore, I had this throbbing and sharp pain from my hip till my knee. After the surgery, the sharp pain at my hip was getting better. But the condition of my left knee remain the same. After few months, I went to see a knee surgeon. He told me, my patella was dislocated and the plica (lining inside the knee) was inflamed. Badly inflamed. Plus, I have chondromalacia where my cartilage was almost ruptured. 
Ini semua sebab outdoor sports.
I fell few times during horseback riding and also zaman main handball kat sekolah dulu. Plus, bila I went for hiking or do any kind of vigorous sports, the plica inside my knee will start to 
hakis the cartilage. Hmmmm. Hence, the pain. 
The surgeon refused to operate but I insisted. 
So, he removed all the plica and put my patella back into place.  


This time, I stayed 5 days at the hospital. Enjoying my moment being a princess there. hihi.
I used the crutches for almost one month. And now, I'm still wearing a knee brace to support my left leg. Basically, it holds my knee cap from moving while I'm doing my sports. I need to use the brace for about 2 years. hahaha. Padan muka diri sendiri. 
Until now, I'm still going for my physiotherapy. It has been almost 9 months now. The recovery may take a while. You cannot expect kau terus baik after surgery kan. So yeah. I'm like a regular patient. The hospital is like my second home now. No more going to the barn/stable. I stop riding for a while. At the moment, every 4 months I need to go for a checkup with the doctor and take Hyalgan(lubricant) injection for my knee. What a life!
Ape ape pun, semua yang jadi ada hikmahnya. Yela, bila kita sakit, dosa dosa kecil kite akan di ampunkan oleh Allah SWT. Kita sebagai hamba, redha dengan ujian-Nya. 

I think that's about it. So basically, aku dah 4 kali masuk hospital. hahha. Hope lepas nie klau masuk pun, untuk beranak jela. hehe 



No comments: